Leading by Our Experience
Consultation, development and production from one source for economical system solutions
Vapour Recovery phase II is stipulated by law in many European countries. The objective is to return the petrol vapour back into the storage tank, which otherwise will exhaust into the environment when re-fuelling a car. Consequently vapour recovery systems complete with vapour recovery pumps are installed into the fuel forecourt-dispensing pump.
In Germany, since the beginning of 2003 the vapour recovery systems have been additionally equipped with a vapour recovery monitoring system. The purpose of this additional process is to detect problems promptly so reducing pump down time and ensuring a constantly high vapour recovery rate.
Dürr’s vapour recovery pump is a proven standard product providing a trouble-free operating vapour recovery system. A constant flow volume is maintained throughout the whole lifetime of the pump. The following diagram shows the main components of a typical vapour recovery system without vapour recovery monitoring.
The process is based on regulating the flow volume percentage of the dispensed petrol to the petrol vapour exhausted. The ratio is adjusted to 1:1 (proportionally) and controlled by a mechanical (1) or electric (2) proportional valve. Proportional valves are not required for systems with a speed control (3).
Advantages of the MEX-Vapour
- Long service life
- Patented pre-chamber with drainage system guaranteeing resistance against condensate and liquid
- Self-adjusting piston lining for a constant volume flow throughout the whole lifetime
- Wide temperature operating range - 40 °C to +60 °C
- Small and robust, suitable for installation at the manufacturer or retrofitting
- Suitable to work with either mechanical or electric proportional valves
- A choice of drives:
- belt or coupling drive (MEX 0831-11/600)
- direct drive (MEX 0544)
- Motors 50 Hz and 60 Hz, for worldwide operation
- Integrated flame arresters at the in and outlet ensuring maximum safety
- Suitable also as flame trap in vapour recovery systems
- Various fitting positions possible
- Rotational direction independent of pump orientation
- Materials appropriate for applications with „E85“